Introduction: The Department of Cardiology at Holy Family Hospital provides unsurpassed excellence in consultative, diagnostic, interventional and, most importantly, preventative cardiology. The department has an internationally respected team of cardiologists who work with the most comprehensive cardiac imaging and other services available in Delhi. Using highly advanced technology, our skilled and caring team offers a patient-focused approach to cardiology.
Patients treated at the hospital are able to access its world-class imaging and research facilities, as well as vascular and cardiac catheterization laboratories. Because Holy Family Hospital is set up as a comprehensive medical hub, patients with multiple conditions can be diagnosed and treated in one convenient location by a diverse team of experts.
Our cardiologists are highly respected for their contribution to developing the field of Interventional cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology. Most are actively involved in clinical research in cardiovascular Medicine with extensive publications in reputed national and international journals.
The Department of Cardiology offers a full range of services required for total management of cardiac conditions, including:
In and outpatient cardiac consultative services:
- A comprehensive range of non-interventional and interventional diagnostic services:
- Non-interventional diagnostic testing such as echocardiography (ECG), stress ECG, exercise and pharmacologic stress echo testing, Holter (Extended ECG recording upto 7 days) test, permanent pacemaker and other cardiac device assessments. In collaboration with Holy Family Radiology, the department offers cardiac MRI.
- Interventional diagnostic evaluations including right and left heart cardiac catheterization, coronary angiogram, and electrophysiology testing.
- Cardiac interventional management, including balloon angioplasty, rotational atherectomy, bare metal (BMS) or drug-coated (DES) stent placement (percutaneous coronary intervention or PCI) procedures.
- The cardiology department also has a special focus in cardiac electrophysiology therapeutic services for the management of heart rhythm disturbance, using the state-of-the-art minimally invasive technology (Radiofrequency Ablation) for the treatment of cardiac rhythm disorders such as atrial fibrillation (AF), ventricular tachycardia (VT) and supraventricular tachycardia (SVT).
- The department has a very active cardiac device implant service, implanting high-tech electrical devices, most of them under local anesthetics, from single or dual chambers pacemaker, novel pacemakers safe with Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT) in heart failure patients, to the advanced combined automatic implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (AICD) and pacemaker systems for patients at risk of sudden cardiac death, and the miniature (microchip) implantable loop recorder which monitors heart rhythm for months or years to investigate patients with fainting spells and palpitation.
- The state-of-the-art cardiac facility at Holy Family Hospital includes a dedicated Coronary Care Unit (CCU), joint use of a Intensive Care Unit (ICU), general cardiology ward, cardiac catheterisation and electrophysiology laboratories as well as cardiothoracic operating theatres. The cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons on staff at the hospital provide a 24-hour on-call service for Holy Family Hospital patients.
Team Members: :
Dr. (Prof.) Mohan Nair: Coordinator and Head of Department
Dr. Vikas Kataria: Senior Consultant
Dr. Smita Mishra: (Consultant-Paediatric Cardiology)