- Clinical psychology services are provided for those in need of professional psychological help across the life span - from childhood to old age. The major areas of services include assessments, diagnostic services and psychotherapies.
- Our services provide help for adults and children who have difficulties with learning, thinking, emotion, and behavior.
- Clinical Psychologists work directly with clients and indirectly through relatives and cares.
- Therapeutic services aim at addressing and improving the psychological health of persons through interventions that supplement but do not use medications.
- Standardized and individualized assessment tools and therapies are used.
Psychological services offered:
I. Psychological Assessment/Testing:
II. Psychotherapy Services:
Our clinical psychology team is qualified to address the non-pharmacological needs of the patient by conducting evidence-based therapies which have been established world-wide for a wide spectrum of Psychological /psychiatric issues.
Therapeutic services are provided for adults, children, as well as family members/cares of patients. Psychotherapeutic services provided by us include:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Parental counselling / Family counselling
- Child and adolescent psychotherapy
- Relaxation training (Mindfulness, Progressive muscular relaxsyion).
- Couple / Marital Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Behaviour Management
- Development delays/disorders
- Adjustment difficulties
- Multiple physical complaints
- Other behavior problems like lying, stealing, bullying
- Repetitive behavior & OCD
- Adjustments issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Substance abuse
- Adjustment issues
- Relationship difficulties
Older Adults with:
We plan to offer training and internship to clinical psychology student in the future. Also more workshops aimed at mental health awareness, skill building, and stigma reduction would be planned.
Consultant Clinical Psychologists at the hospital:
- Dr. Nishtha Kumar Sabharwal - Daily 9.00am to 5.00pm
Dr.Nishtha Kumar Sabharwal is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist in Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi.She is a RCI registered Clinical Psychologist and a Gold Medalist. She has completed her M.Phil in Clinical Psychology from GMCH(Chandigarh) and attained Gold Medal for standing 1st in Panjab university.
She is a Doctoral Research Scholar in Ph.D in Clinical Psychology from Ranchi Institute Of Neuropsychiatry & Allied Sciences(RINPAS,Ranchi).She has over 5+years experience in the mental health field. Her area of interest include working with elderly,children,specific learning disability and Intelligence (IQ) assesments, neuropsychological assesments & interventions,adults, personality and relationship issues, and de-addiction ( drugs, mobile, internet etc).