The laboratory services at Holy Family Hospital were established in 1961 by Dr. Blanche Fernandes, a Medical Mission Sister who was trained in USA. The lab has come a long way since its beginning and is at par with the best known laboratories in Delhi.
Tha laboratory has the following pathology services : Haematology, Serology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Histopathology, Cytology and Blood Bank. The Lab and the Blood bank provide 24hrs service to the inpatients and casualty patients. The outpatient services are available from 8am to 5pm.
In addition we have a school of DMLT which was also started by Dr. Blanche Fernandes in 1962. We conduct a two year DMLT course in which ten students pass out each year. The course is affiliated to the IMA and our traine technicians are much in demand in india and globally.
Each section of the lab is managed by well qualified doctors and a large well trained technology staff.
Highly sophisticated state of art fully automated analysers and a wide range of test menu of routine and specialised tests are available in the department. The department is accredited by the NABL (National Acreditation Board for Testing and Cailbration of Laboratories).Tests are being conducted in accordance with the NABL guidelines. Quality Control programmes both internal and external (EQAS) verify the accuracy and reliability of the test results.
- Automated hematology counters LH750,
- Fully automated coagulometer
- Fully automated chemistry analysers Au680 and Cobas C311.,
- Automated chemiluminence hormone analyser /Advia XPT and Access2, Immulite 2000 system for Triple marker evaluation Bio-rad D10 sytem for HbA1c and Hemoglobinopathies.
- Bio-rad variant system for Hemoglobin HPLC.
- Blood gas analyser
- Automated neonatal Bilirubinometer, Gineveri ,
- Fully automated ELISA processor EVOLIS from Bio-rad for infectious
- Markers, Neo TSH and tests for collagen disorders etc.
- Vidas for Elisa
- Automated rapid culture system, Bact Alert 3D from - - - Biomerieux
- Automated Tb culture system Bactec MGIT 320 from BD.
- Microscan walk Away 40 plus and vitek-2 compact for organism identification
- and sensitivity.
- Flourescent microscope for screening of AFB
- Cepheid (GeneXpert)
- Automated urine analyser, Clinitek Advantus.
The hospital has a well equipped Blood Bank which functions round the clock and provides safe blood and blood components. Donors,voluntary and replacement,are bled between 9.00am to 4:30pm. Facility for platelet apheresis is available round the clock.The Blood Bank also provides leukoreduced blood in routine and Leukodepleted blood on request.
53 well trained and highly motivated technicians man the various stations for bench work.