Physiotherapy is providing services to people and populations to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout the life span. It is a rehabilitation profession that reduces/ corrects impairments and promotes mobility, function, and quality of life through various physical interventions using varied physical agents, movements, mechanical forces and adaptive devices. Physical therapists are health care professionals who maintain, restore, and improve movement, activity, and health enabling individuals of all ages to have optimal functioning and quality of life, while ensuring patient safety and applying evidence to provide efficient and effective care.
Physiotherapy services at Holy Family Hospital includes management with specific exercises, manual therapy techniques, electrotherapeutic modalities such as traction, superficial and deep heat modalities, ultrasonic therapy, therapeutic currents, cold therapy as well as prescription of assistive devices, prostheses and orthoses. Physiotherapists work with individuals where movement and function have been affected by injuries/trauma, diseases, aging, occupational or environmental factors to enhance, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability. Rehabilitation of the patient/ individual to his / her maximum ability is aimed for.
TIMINGS : 7.30 am to 7 pm -
The team functions from 7.30 am to 7 pm to provide services to both IPD and OPD patients.
Various fields covered are :
- Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation in Orthopaedics
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation in Neurological Conditions
- Physiotherapy in Pediatrics
- Physiotherapy in Sports Injuries
- Women's health related physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy in Geriatrics
Various fields covered are:
- Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation - Physiotherapists work in coordination with members of the medical team to improve the chest expansion, assist in removal of secretions, reduce post-operative complications, early mobilization and enhance the endurance capacity.
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation in Orthopaedics - Physiotherapists in coordination with Ortho surgeons team strive for a complete rehabilitation of the patient. The Physio team sets the therapeutic goals to achieve maximum range of movement, improve muscle strength, endurance, early mobilization, gait training and independence in activities of daily living . Physiotherapy is done for all post-operative orthopedic procedures, fractures, joint replacements, acute and chronic sports injuries, spinal cord injuries, spondylosis, arthritis, sprains, strains, osteoarthritis, periarthritis and amputations to name a few conditions. Ergonomic advise to patients for work related/ desk job related musculoskeletal problems is a part of the program. Improvement in fitness level is targeted for.
- Physiotherapy in Neurological Conditions - Rehabilitation for stroke,chronic pain conditions, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, GB syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, Bell's Palsy, Spinal Cord Injury to name a few. Therapeutic goals are set to improve balance, coordination, activities of daily living, movement restoration, muscle strength and gait training.
- Physiotherapy in Pediatrics - The management of infants, children with congenital, developmental, neuromuscular, skeletal, or acquired disorders/diseases. Treatments goals are set on improving motor skills, balance and coordination, strength , endurance and neurodevelopmental rehabilitation.
- Physiotherapy in Sports Injuries - In present day sceneraio competitive and leisure sports play an important role in our lifestyle. Physiotherapy management for acute and chronic sports injuries goals to restore and regain maximum functional ability.
- Physiotherapy in Obs and Gynae- (Women's health related physiotherapy) - Physiotherapy management for various conditions include prenatal and post partum periods, lymphedema, osteoporosis, pelvic pain, prolapse uterus and incontinence.
- Physiotherapy in Geriatrics - Patients are enabled to have an access to
level of rehabilitation so that they can function at a minimum level of dependency and
improve their quality
of life. Therapeutic exercises are done to maintain and improve range of
indepence in activities of daily living.
CLINICAL TEAM :
A team of 11 physiotherapists are there to provide physiotherapy services for the out
patients as well as
inpatients of the hospital.
The team is headed by Ms.Abha Sharma (Chief Physiotherapist).
The physiotherapy department is well equipped with good electrotherapy and exercise therapy modalities.
- The Therapeutic exercise therapy gym is well equipped with ergometer bicycle, shoulder wheel, shoulder pulley, shoulder ladder, weight cuffs, therabands, hand gym kit, gym ball, parallel bars with mirror for visual feed- back and staircase for gait training, wobble board to name a few. These modalities are made use of /assist in special exercises, mobilization and manual therapy techniques done by the physiotherapists for specific conditions.
- The Electrotherapy modalities are :
- Current Therapy Equipment with various current programs like: Interferential Therapy ( both Vaccum and flat electrodes ), TENS, Stimulation Therapy, Russian currents, Ultra Reiz, Didynamic currents for management of pain and muscle re-education.
- Laser Therapy : ( Both Probe and scanner Laser) Helpful in tendinitis, bursitis, arthritis, nerve injuries, neuralgic pains, pressure sores.
- Short Wave Diathermy and Microwave Diathermy: Deep heat modality used for arthritic , painful joint conditions. Pelvic diathermy by Bowmen's technique is also given.
- Ultrasonic Therapy : (Dual frequency-Dual head) used in tendinitis, bursitis, arthritis, muscle spasm to name a few.
- Superficial Heat Modalities like : Wax bath, Hot packs, Infrared rays therapy are all available.
- Continuous Passive Motion Machine for knee joint, shoulder joint and elbow joint to assist in early movement post arthroplasty , comminuted fractures around the joint and stiffness around the joint.
- Cervical and Lumbar Traction
Infrared Sauna: Useful for patients having multiple joint pains,generalized body pains for relief of pain and generalized well being.
- Pneumatic Compression Therapy to reduce oedema and aid in lymphatic drainage in specific conditions.
Department provides assistance for various orthotics and prosthetic devices for out patients as well as in patients.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS/ QUERIES:
- Can I visit the Department and take treatment if I have an outside Doctor's
Yes, patient can avail of Physiotherapy services referred from HFH doctor, outside treating doctor as well as can come in directly. Patient must carry all relevant medical records / investigation procedures reports like X-rays films, CT-Scan , MRI reports, blood Investigations to give a better understanding of his/her condition.
- Will physiotherapy increase my pain?
Physiotherapy helps to reduce pain and swelling and improve joint mobility.
- Will physiotherapy cure me of all my aches and pains associated with
Physiotherapy helps an individual to learn to manage the condition in the best possible way. The improvement in muscle strength and endurance takes the patient a long way towards healthy , painfree/ comfortable living.
- What is the time duration for each session?
Time of the therapy session varies depending on the medical condition of the patient as well as physio treatment procedures planned for. It could vary anything from 15 minutes to 1 hour. The number of therapy sessions required for also depends on the condition which can be discussed on the visit of the patient.
- If I take Electotherapy modalities then all other treatments will be
This is a myth. Electotherapy modalities are judiciously decided for a limited time period.
|1||Dr Abha Sharma||Chief And Sr Consultant|
|2||Dr Monika Sharma||Senior Physiotherapist|
|3||Dr Divya Kandpal||Senior Physiotherapist|
|4||Dr Imneet Bedi||Senior Physiotherapist|
|5||Dr Sakshi Sachdeva||Senior Physiotherapist|
|6||Dr Laxmi Sharma||Senior Physiotherapist|
|7||Dr Preeti Singh||Physiotherapist|
|8||Dr Kushmandey Sharma||Physiotherapist|
|9||Dr Nitin Jandu||Physiotherapist|
|10||Dr Neha Cherian||Physiotherapist|
|12||Dranshu E John||Physiotherapist|
|13||Dr Nivedita Thakur||Junior Physiotherapist|
|14||Drarushi Chaddha||Junior Physiotherapist|